Our 20th Anniversary
To celebrate our 20th anniversary we are looking back over 100 years of the history of the Common with a unique, exciting, large scale, outdoor spectacle.
Greenham: War and Peace
- Friday 8 and Saturday 9 September 2017
- 6.30pm - 10.30pm each evening
- Highlight Show: 8.30pm - 9.15pm.each evening
Outdoor spectacle, music, dance and song will portray 100 years of dramatic moments of war and peace on the Common, where the event will take place.
Performers and Volunteers
We are looking for hundreds of local people of all ages and interests to take part in the event. Opportunities to be involved include:
- Youth Groups
- Community Groups
- Event Volunteers
Email email@example.com if you'd like to get involved
- Open volunteers meeting on Saturday 18th February, 4pm - 6pm at St Mary's Church Hall, New Road, Greenham RG19 8RZ
- Open performers meeting (individuals and groups) on Sunday 19th February, 2pm - 4pm at New Greenham Arts, Lindenmuth Way, Greenham Business Park RG19 6HW
- Auditions for solo parts in April / May - look out for further information
- Community rehearsals from May to early September
- Intensive reheasals from 1 September to 7 September
- Live evening event for all participants and audience 8 September and 9 September
Banners and Flags
Join a silk banner making project portraying eras and highlights of Greenham Common's exciting history. Open invitation to all groups and volunteers...more
The event will take place on open ground, outdoors on Greenham Common. This event requires walking for 20 minutes at least in each direction. Wheelchair access is available. Please wear suitable clothing for the weather and the open space and walking shoes.
We are currently planning prebooking of on-site parking and also even park and ride shuttlebuses. Further info as plans are finalised.